As educators, we recognize the enormous potential within the work of the schools of Reggio Emilia. This philosophy of education has inspired us to create a school that values:
- An image of the child as a competent and creative learner
- A social-constructivist teaching and learning model
- Emphasizes the environment as the third teacher
- Observation and documentation of teaching and learning experiences
- The teacher as a co-researcher, collaborating with children
We draw upon the research of child development and learning theorists such as Piaget, Vygotsky, Malaguzzi and the more contemporary work of George Forman.
We value the work of nature based-educators who have long been advocates for the rich potential a natural environment offers the young child. We understand that the work of Rachel Carson, John Muir, Richard Louv and many others needs to be supported in early education.